Here's an update to let you know what's been happening on site this week:
Pumping Station Works Area
- We have continued with the excavation and installation of the PCC drainage from the manhole 11 down to manhole 8. These works will continue into next week.
- Temporary heras fencing has been erected, followed by a strip of top soil. Installation of new drainage has also been carried out between Manhole 11 and Manhole 12. This has taken place within the field area to the rear of Wood View Car Sales in preparation for the drainage becomes operational.
- Final connections have been carried out on the new Rising Main with the iron pipework entering the valve chamber and all temporary shoring has now been removed and the area backfilled.
- The MCC/Control panel has been installed on the new concrete slab along with the Kiosk Housing.
- Mechanical installation works have continued this week with the completion of all pipework and non-return valves within the pumping station and valve chamber.
- Electrical work within the MCC panel and Kiosk have also commenced and will continue to progress over the coming weeks. This will be followed by the installation of the pumps within the pumping station ready for when the system becomes operational.
- Northern Power Grid have been on site this week installing new cabling for the sites power supply. Their work was completed yesterday and the two-way traffic lights removed from South Terrace. They will be returning on Monday 29 November 2021 in order to install the electric meter. This work is expected to be completed within the same day.
- BT were also on site yesterday connecting the lines up to the new Kiosk ready for when everything is up and running.
There has been a lot happening on site over this last week so if you have any queries regarding any of the above, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Have a lovely weekend!